Animal Care Volunteers
Do you love working with animals? Caring for cats? Walking dogs? Interacting with the public? Providing in-home care for young kittens? If you can commit as little as 2-hours per week, we would love to have you on our team! We offer a very flexible volunteering schedule because animals need care every day (and night) of the week. Volunteering is also a great way to contribute to your community, meet other animal lovers, and feel better about yourself.
Please drop by the shelter during our public hours and ask to fill out a new volunteer application, or download the application here, fill it out, and bring it in. A volunteer coordinator will contact you, setup an initial schedule, and arrange training.
Sorry…due to liability concerns you must be at least 18 years old to volunteer.
FMAS is constantly on the lookout for professional people to sit on our volunteer board of directors. The board is responsible for setting shelter policy and adapting it to changing conditions, but their primary responsibility is to oversee the solvency of the organization, fundraise, and promote the shelter. Good communication skills and basis computer skills are desired, as is experience in any of the following disciplines:
- Financial > bankers, accountants, bookkeepers
- Insurance > agents, liability specialists, consultants, legal
- Computers > hardware, software, programming, maintenance, networking, web admins
- Construction > architects, enginers, designers, builders, contractors
- Non-profit mgmnt > experience operating a major non-profit organization