FMAS is proud to offer our “4 paws 4 vets” program for veterans in need.
Both the animals and veterans have been through traumatic events in their lives – and together they can help each other heal.
FMAS is dedicated to providing a second chance for shelter pets by rescuing, spaying/neutering, vaccinating, and microchipping, then pairing them with America’s veterans who could benefit from having a companion animal.
Who is Eligible:
- Veterans with approved applications who have a condition that could benefit from an animal companion and able to take care of a pet.
- Our goal is to help heal emotional wounds of Military Veterans by pairing them with a shelter animal.
- Our Shelter animals receive a second chance for a new home while the returning soldiers are given a second chance for health and happiness.
With our 4 Paws 4 Vets Program:
Provided by FMAS 4 paws 4 vets donations
- Adoption Fee Paid
Provided by FMAS
- The Adopted animal
- Initial vaccinations
- Free vaccinations at our annual Rabies clinic
- Microchip and registration
- Leash (for dogs)
*An application for adoption is to be completed by the veteran along with documentation provided to FMAS by the veteran’s attending counselor or physician that the veteran will benefit from adopting a cat or do and is able to care for the pet. Application approval is done by FMAS.
Let’s help a Vet and a Pet! Please contact the Manchester Animal Shelter at 603-628-3544 for more information!
It’s a WIN – WIN For everyone!